ITO EN (North America) INC.
ITO EN (North America) INC., a subsidiary of ITO EN, LTD., is the nation’s leading purveyor of green tea products and beverages. The company is an innovator in the beverage industry, marketing award-winning Japanese tea lines in the U.S., including: TEAS’ TEA®, Traditional Japanese Tea (Oi Ocha - Japan's 1 Selling Green Tea), and ITO EN Shots. Voted as “Best Tea” in New York City’s Zagat’s Gourmet and Entertainment Guide for eight consecutive years and hailed as "Model Tea" by Beverage World Magazine, ITO EN is dedicated to creating an authentic green tea culture in the United States. Committed to products that embody the company’s five principles of Natural,Safe, Healthy, Well-designed and Delicious, ITO EN is uniquely positioned as a pioneer in the tea industry. For more information, please visit Itoen.com or Teastea.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Senior Regional Sales Manager, Central Region to be based in the Central Region.
Responsible for the achievement of sales and expense budgets for the assigned geographic area.
From a sales standpoint, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving Ito En sales volume, net sales attainment, and market share growth in the assigned region with natural and conventional grocery accounts.
From an expense perspective, accountable for all sales related expense management including travel, overhead, promotion & advertising and broker commissions. Responsible for sales execution though a third party sales organization (broker, DSD or distributor) and Ito En sales personnel in the geographic area.
• Achieve sales and expense budgets developed for the respective sales division.
• Responsible for flawless execution of the channel sales strategy and customer business plans.
• Review, evaluate and report results against specific objectives on a continuous basis.
• Work directly with key accounts in the region to identify opportunities to increase sales.
• Effectively manage the broker representatives in the region to meet sales objectives.
• Work closely with Sales leadership to establish pricing and promotional programs for assigned customers.
• Provide ongoing sales forecasting and expense forecasting to V.P. of Sales.
• Work closely with Sales leadership in the ongoing management and evaluation of trade spending efficiency.
• Implement a relevant all natural, RTD tea strategy for traditional Food Retailers.
• Aggressively leverage these insights to establish Ito En brands within Region.
• Leverage market data and consumer insights to effectively achieve fact based sales opportunities.
• Communicate with Marketing Department in the development of customer marketing strategies as well as point -Of -sale and related materials.
• Participate in national and regional trade shows as well as maintaining an appropriate level of trade entertainment with divisional retail customers.
• Minimum of 3 years of sales and sales management experience within the food industry.
• Experience in both direct sales and broker/distributor management is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with natural and mainstream channels required.
• Experience working with leading Regional Grocery retailers with extensive knowledge of retailer format strategy and advanced retailer economics.
• Strong working knowledge of category management principles and relevant retailer implications.
• Solid working knowledge of computers and related systems is an absolute requirement. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
• Strong personal selling skills and demonstrated leadership qualities are required.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the willingness to work within an established management group are required.
• A high degree of self -initiative and the potential for continued growth in management are preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
• Ability to operate in a team environment.
• Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
Hiring subject to Background check.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Route Sales Representative to be based in our Brooklyn, NY corporate office.
• Visiting customers and placing orders
• Merchandising at customers’ premises
• Participating daily meeting at Brooklyn office
• Reporting to Sales Manager on a daily basis
• Opening new accounts
• Participating promotional activities
• Collecting money from the accounts when it is needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience
• Sales experience in the beverage industry is highly desired
• Ability to lift at least 30lbs
• Organized, intelligent and self-motivated personality
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
DSD/Distributor Sales-NYC Area
ITO EN is seeking energetic, talented, and responsible sales professionals. Candidates should be flexible problems-solvers who thrive in a group-oriented setting. If you’re well organized and have good communication skills, don’t miss the opportunity to start a career with us. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bilingual is a plus (Korean, Japanese, Spanish or Chinese).
DSD Driver - NYC Area
ITO EN is seeking energetic, talented, and responsible drivers to deliver our products to our accounts around the NYC metro area using 20' trucks and vans. Candidates should have a valid driver's license and be flexible problems-solvers who thrive in a group-oriented setting. If you’re well organized and have good communication skills, don’t miss the opportunity to start a career with us. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bilingual is a plus (Korean, Japanese, Spanish or Chinese).
If you possess the required skills for these positions, please send your resume and cover letter email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. (Please attach resume in PDF or Microsoft Word format)
ITO EN (North America) INC.
ITO EN (USA) Inc. (Honolulu, HI)
CDL A or B Delivery Driver
Experienced driver needed to be part of our delivery team to bring products to designated accounts and transports materials and products as directed.
Must be able to operate class A or class B delivery vehicle, have clean driver history record, neat appearance, excellent customer service skills, and be able to operate a forklift. Prefer at least 1 year delivery experience with CDL performing similar delivery work on Oahu. Must be able to push and pull up to 2000 lbs. on a manual pallet jack, and repeatedly lift and stack 40 lbs.
Must be able to qualify for a TWIC card and pass criminal background check in order to qualify for necessary military passes, and any other relevant delivery access requirements of our vendors. Must possess current DOT physical card, or be able to immediately qualify for one.
Work is primarily M-F from early morning to early/mid afternoon. Occasional Saturday work.
Quality Assurance Manager
ITO EN (USA) Inc. is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance manager to be responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the quality control operations to assure continuous production of products consistent with established standards and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Directs and oversees QA staff members, trains on procedures, food sanitation, food safety, HACCP, GMPs. Updates QA SOPs, Production SSOP, and HACCP and GMPs, provides technical support to ITO EN (Japan) and ITO EN (North America) on importing goods from overseas, reviews all food labels to assure conformity to local and federal regulations. Responds to all required regulatory reports related food regulations.
Secondary responsibilities include: Goal setting, training, coaching and counseling employees. Serves as backup for QA staff.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related science. Two to three years of related experience. Requires thorough understanding of food label regulations, low acid canned food regulations, acidified food regulations, and good manufacturing practices. Must be able to operate a computer and software such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, QC analytical program highly desirable. Strong organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ITO EN (USA) Inc. is seeking an experienced sales professional in the food and beverage sales industry to work with buyers and / or store level management to ensure all authorized items are merchandised and priced correctly. The Account executive also provides support and guidance to the members of our sales team to assure assignments are completed within retail accounts. Requires experienced leadership in providing support and guidance to assure excellent customer service. Two to five years of previous sales supervisory experience preferred. Beverage industry experience highly desirable. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. and push and pull up to 2,000 lbs. with a pallet jack. Requires reliable transportation, clean abstract, valid Hawaii driver license, car insurance and cell phone. We provide a cell phone allowance and mileage reimbursement.
We operate as “one team” so flexibility in job assignment is a must. Ideal candidates must be willing and able to learn to operate 3 of the 5 units of operation (palletizer, depalletizer, hi-cone/tray packer, loader/unloader, filler/seamer and retort monitoring), as well as assisting in formulation and CIP. The primary duty for this particular opening is to operate the palletizer.
Duties also include production plant sanitation. Work is primarily Monday through Friday early morning to early/mid-afternoon.
1 year experience working in food or beverage production environment is preferred. Must be willing to work overtime with little notice and on some Saturdays. Must be able to read, write and speak English and have basic math skills. Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours. At times, requires repetitive lifting and stacking of 20 pounds cases. Lifting on an infrequent basis up to 50 pounds is required. Must be able to push and pull carted loads up to 1,000 lbs. Forklift operator experience is helpful, but certification training is provided.
A criminal background check shall be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is made, in order to determine an applicant or employee’s suitability for employment in this position, and any other tasks that give direct access to our raw materials, formulation and beverage processing.
ITO EN (USA) Inc. is seeking hard working individuals who want to be a part of our Warehouse team. Prep orders, load and off load delivery vehicles and containers. Work schedules starts early morning and finishes mid to late afternoon. Schedule are subject to change depending on operational needs, so flexibility with adjusting to a new work schedule is required. There is frequent carrying, lifting, stacking cases averaging 20 lbs., but may weigh up to 40 lbs. Must also be able to push and pull palletized loads up to 2,000 lbs. on an infrequent basis. Forklift proficiency required. Occasionally may help with deliveries as a ride along helper. Drivers license is preferred, but not a requirement. This is an entry level position, however some experience performing similar physical duties is preferred.
For full time positions we offer:
» Full medical, dental, drug and vision insurance plans with UHA and Kaiser with HDS Dental
You may E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please attach resume in Microsoft Word format.)
We're sorry that we will not be able to respond to all submissions. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We support and enforce a drug-free workplace.